Horton the Elephant, the Cat in the Hat and all of your favorite Dr. Seuss characters spring to life onstage in Seussical KIDS, a fantastical musical extravaganza from Tony-winners, Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty (Lucky Stiff, My Favorite Year, Once on This Island, Ragtime).
Transporting audiences from the Jungle of Nool to the Circus McGurkus, the Cat in the Hat, our narrator, tells the story of Horton, an elephant who discovers a speck of dust containing tiny people called the Whos, including Jojo, a Who child, who gets in trouble for thinking too many "thinks." Horton's challenge is twofold — not only must he protect the Whos from a world of naysayers and dangers, but he must also guard an abandoned egg that's been left in his care by the irresponsible Mayzie La Bird. Although Horton faces ridicule, danger, kidnapping and a trial, the intrepid Gertrude McFuzz never loses faith in him. Ultimately, the powers of friendship, loyalty, family and community are challenged and emerge triumphant!
- July 24-August 5 will be our production of Seussical, KIDS Directed by Jen Sindyla! Students will enhance their singing, acting, and dancing skills as they rehearse for this fully-staged 30 minute musical.
- Details: Open Auditions will be held Saturday, July 22 (time TBD) at The Brecksville Theatre/Old Town Hall on the square. At our first rehearsal Monday, July 25 students will then jump right in with their assigned roles! ALL children receive roles, this is not a "try-out" it is an assessment of skills to pair children with appropriate roles. It serves as a way for them to experience the audition process!
- Morning session - 8:30-11:30 am (Red group) Afternoon session - 12:00-3:00 pm (Gold Group)
- All high school students wishing to intern should email Jen at email@example.com to secure a position.
- All camp sessions will take place at the Brecksville-Broadview Heights HIGH SCHOOL Auditorium
- Show Dates August 4th & 5th at 6:00pm (Red Group performs) and 8:00pm (Gold Group performs). Children will perform both nights at their specific time, this will allow all guests to have the opportunity to see the show without limiting ticket sales.
- Tickets for the performances will be sold at a later date.
Camp is at FULL capacity for summer 2023! THANK YOU!
Directed by Jen Sindyla